Haven’t paid much attention to the Easy-Logo script for a while now. For a long time I had been planning to make the script more user friendly and I guess this is much much better.
Added support for folder structure.
Added support for easy logo installation.
Easier to use UI.
Doesn’t require any back-end script editing.
One click install/use.
The easiest way to get this script running is to have a local installation of an apache server. Then all that needs doing is dropping the script in your web directory and you’re ready to go! Place all your folders containing photos that need to be logo’d in the ‘photos’ folder and change the parameters as required.
This php script uses the GD library which comes with the default php installation.
Planned upgrades for future releases include:
A better looking UI.
Feedback while watermarking images. (probably using AJAX)
Better logos, photos and folder management.
Plain and minimalist is good. But the ability to add colour to it all, with just one click is even better!
Just added the ability to change the whole colour scheme of my website with just one click. You’ll find a simple dropdown in the footer (at the bottom) of each page. Just choose a style and BAMM, everything changes! Will be adding more styles as I go along.
I used a template style-sheet and then drew up the colour pallets to use. The form sets a session variable that decides which colour pallet to apply. Simple.
Next steps? Change the whole layout, using the same method, instead of just the colours.
For all you timeline haters out there, this is so far the best way to get your old Facebook profile view back!
It’s a chrome extension. So obviously it only works on Google Chrome! This chrome extension will get rid of the timeline for you and bring back your old profile, BUT this change won’t be seen by all your friends, etc. It’s all aesthetics, but worth a try for all you timeline haters!
Click here to go to the extension download page!
I have a first generation PSP (PlayStation Portable) and after it’s charger over-heated and died I started using a variable adapter to charge it. Once while charging, I set the polarity on the adapter the wrong way around and well it burnt out the diode on the PSP circuit board!
So now I had a dead PSP because of a hardware problem. (Hint: I’m more of a software guy!)
After wasting a lot of time on google, I came across this one post on how to charge a first gen PSP via USB. Originally a first gen PSP does not support USB charging. All I had to do was solder a wire from the mini-USB port to the PSP power-port. Easy. Only that after opening up the case, it didn’t look so easy. And this is why:
For comparison, I took the photo next to a 5p coin. Yes that’s a 5 pence coin which is 18mm in diameter! It is the best and the neatest solder I’ve done so far without burning a hole through the circuit board or any other components!
I made this list a few years ago, since then I’ve added a lot of things to it. I’m making it public so that I really follow through and do it all and of course to write a post about each thing I’ve done so far and end up doing.
Here’s the list:
1. climb everest
2. publish autobiography
3. become a multi-millionaire
4. visit every continent
5. visit both poles
6. collect 365 ties – one for each day
7. release a music album
8. publish a book
9. go sky diving
create my website – Completed Feb 2011
build a web-service – Completed 1st Jan 2012
12. do charity work for a good few weeks in an unknown place
13. visit grand canyon
14. visit amazon rainforest
build a PC – Completed sometime in 2009
16. make a mobile phone app and sell ten thousand copies
17. build a swords and knives collection
18. act in a film/or be an extra
19. find an amazing stranger and tell them my life story from scratch
20. go around a world cruise
21. be on a live tv show
22. visit the space
23. walk the great wall of china
24. visit sahara desert
25. sit in a jury
26. dramatically change someones life
27. open an orphanage or adopt upto 10 kids and change their life
28. have a lot of things to give away in my will
29. go rafting in grand canyon
30. go up in a hot air balloon
31. win big in vegas
32. give a huge donation to charity – anonymously
33. run to the top of statue of liberty
34. go skiing
35. create a family tree
run a marathon
37. visit a disaster struck area to help out
38. build a house for homeless people
39. visit the 7 wonders of the world
40. dunk a basketball
give blood – Completed 19th May 2011 – regular donor since then
42. find a firefly and put it in a jar
43. go tornado hunting
44. go on an international bike ride
45. own an island
46. own a yacht
47. climb an active volcano
48. must visit italy
49. do deep sea diving/scuba diving
50. get a pilots license
51. learn how to juggle at least three balls!
52. fire a gun
53. fight in MMA
54. be able to do the splits
55. break a world record
56. do the rubic’s cube in less than 15 seconds
57. own a talking parrot
58. Sit on the floor when a perfectly good chair is available in an important meeting
59. watch the launch of a space shuttle live! – be there
60. go bungee jumping
61. adopt an animal from an animal shelter
62. release an internationally recognised computer program
63. build a mirrored ceiling
64. see the northern lights
65. join a bowling league for a season
66. restore a classic car
67. get a PhD
68. open a Swiss bank account
69. Learn to program in Brainfuck and Piet =) for fun
70. create a turing complete programming language